The most common way clients choose a broker is through personal recommendations, whether that is from their friends who have used you or know about or your formal referral partners like real estate agents and accountants.
This is your offline reputation, how many people know about you and recommend you in the real world.
The second most common way clients choose a broker is through their online reputation – which is made up of how visible you are and having a lot of positive reviews and ‘star ratings’.
I’ll bet that in your area right now, there is one broker that has a dominant online presence and is picking up clients easily. Whenever you look around online for brokers in your area, their name keeps popping up and they have a lot of positive ratings and reviews from their clients.
The great news is – I can build this for you and grow it systematically and continuously!
It is another ‘done-for-you’ marketing system that I provide.
In my next post I’ll discuss how I do it, but first, here are 6 reasons you must take control of online reviews about your business (or even easier, let me do it for you):
- 92% of consumers now read online reviews and say they use this information to select businesses.
- 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just one to three reviews.
- Star rating is the number one factor used by consumers to judge a business.
- 44% say a review must be written within one month to be relevant. This highlights the importance of always collecting them.
- 68% say positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
- 86% of people say they wouldn’t use a business with negative reviews.
Building a strong offline and online reputation is what succeeding as a broker is all about. This is the ‘Visible Expert’ concept I discussed in the webinar and is what I specialise in building brokers into.
I’ll leave you with this infographic which explains why your online presence is so important, and will only become more so in an increasingly online world: