Here is the list again of marketing methods used by high growth firms, in order from most effective to least.
- Partnership Marketing
- Downloadable Educational Content
- Speaking Engagements
- Outbound Phone Marketing
- Conferences, Trade Shows and Networking Events
- Online Advertising
- Email Marketing
Today I will discuss Downloadable Educational Content.
Few elements of marketing are able to accelerate the conversion process quite like substantial educational content, making it a sound investment for long-term growth.
“Our customers don’t care about our products or services; they care about themselves. If we buy into this, then we must also accept that the majority of the information we produce for marketing purposes cannot be about ourselves,” says Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute. “Our content must be based on fulfilling our customers’ needs and interests, so that they come to build a trusted and emotional connection with our brands.”
Every Mortgage Australia broker has a version of The 7 Easy Steps to Mortgage Freedom as a free download. I create a unique page for them and they can put it on their own website or just have it on the page I make for them on the www.mortgageaustralia.com.au site.
Have a look at my site yourself and the individual broker pages and see what I mean.
If you create a personalised version of the book, that is the version the client can download.
All the hard work is done for you, but you get all the benefits.
I also have other downloadable content, unique to Mortgage Australia that you can personalise to yourself:
- Broker V Bank – Why use a Mortgage Broker?
- 20 Questions for Your Broker
- Free Report – Why Lazy Aussie Home Owners are Happy to Pay and Extra $142,870 on their Mortgage and Stay in Debt 7 Years Longer
- Free Report – How to Cut up to $599.80 Your Home Loan Costs Each Month
Why is downloadable educational content the 2nd most important marketing strategy?
- When people learn from you they see you as an authority – if you can teach people about a topic you are at the top of the ladder. It shows you really know what you are talking about.
- Establishes credibility – The more credible the brand appears, the more comfortable the customer will be. Educational content proves you’re a thought leader in your niche, and that ultimately translates into purchase consideration.
- Increases traffic – it gives people a reason to visit your web site or web page and see what else you have to offer.
- Lower risk of buyer’s remorse – With educational content, you can rest assured that your customers know exactly what they’re getting. In the long run, this reduces the number of frustrated buyers and increases the overall happiness of your customers. This also helps build repeat business and referrals.
- Qualifies leads – The more prospects that read your content, the smarter they’ll be about what your business actually sells and can offer them. This makes them value what you do more and the easier it will to acquire them as customers.
- It lets them get to know you before they contact you – no one wants to speak to a salesperson, but we are happy to speak to an expert that we trust.
- It does the selling for you – people don’t want to be sold anything, they want to buy. So just make yourself the person people want to buy from.
- It lets others spread your message – your downloadable content can be shared over and over again.
If you want all these benefits without having to actually create the educational content, just speak to me.